I began working on this small quilt a few years ago, and it took me well over a year to get it to the point it’s at now.
I started with a bunch of small pieces of leftover fabric–some were from other quilts but most were from experiments playing with dye stenciling, monoprinting and discharging. I cut the fabric into 4 inch squares and started arranging them on my design wall.
Here’s one arrangement of the squares.
Continue reading →
In a previous post I talked about the improvisational approach I took to create a quilt from two silk scarves I bought while on vacation in Kauai.
That previous post showed some of the different layouts I’d tried–both on the computer and on my design wall–for all the pieces I’d sewn together. The picture on the right shows nearly the final design. Just a few more pieces were added for the final quilt.
The completed quilt top is pictured below. Continue reading →